All listings for this product
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $27.25Trending at AU $28.05
- AU $30.88Trending at AU $31.66
- AU $44.89Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $34.50Trending at AU $46.57
- AU $42.71Trending at AU $44.71
- AU $33.74Trending at AU $34.42
- AU $33.83Trending at AU $39.29
About this product
- DescriptionA collection of oven dishes both sweet and savory from a Southerner whose passion for them shows sign of cooling No one kws Southern cooking quite like Jean Anderson. A long-time food editor and the author of such books as A Love Affair with Southern Cooking and Falling Off the Bone, her encyclopedic kwledge of Southern food makes her the perfect author for this delicious down-home collection. If it's baked and it's from the South, you'll find it here.From a Southern Oven includes more than 150 recipes, both savory and sweet, classic and contemporary. You'll find appetizers and snacks, main dishes, sides, breads, and desserts that showcase such beloved Southern staples as pork and rice, sweet potatoes and Vidalia onions, butter beans, and blackberries and peaches. From Oven-Barbecued Chicken to Shrimp and Artichoke Hearts au Gratin to Blueberry Pecan Crisp, this book has it all. Throughout, Anderson dishes up juicy bits of history and lore about the recipes, while luscious full-color photographs offer mouthwatering inspiration. Southern cuisine is more popular than ever and who better than award-winning Southern cookbook author Jean Anderson to introduce you to the real thing? More than 150 reach-across-the-menu recipes from every corner of the American South that cover the homespun and the haute, among them dozens of easy casseroles, crisps, and cobblers Jean Anderson, who's won six best cookbook awards, is also the author of Falling Off the Bone, A Love Affair with Southern Cooking, and The New Doubleday Cookbook ' If you love Southern food in all its honest, soulful glory, this delectable collection of oven-baked goodness is an absolute must.
- Author BiographyJEAN ANDERSON , the author of more than twenty cookbooks, has written articles for Bon Appetit, Food & Wine, Gourmet, More, and other national magazines. A six-time best cookbook award winner (James Beard, IACP, and Tastemaker), she is a member of the James Beard Cookbook Hall of Fame and a founding member of Les Dames d'Escoffier.
- Author(s)Jean Anderson
- PublisherHoughton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company
- Date of Publication19/10/2012
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1040 g
- Width208 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.