All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAnthony Powell's celebrated early vel turns to English rural society to caricature a socially aspiring artist and his disastrous ambition to marry well.
- Author BiographyAnthony Powell was born in 1905. After working in publishing and as a scriptwriter, he began to write for the Daily Telegraph in the mid-1930s. He served in the army during World War II and subsequently became the fiction reviewer on the TLS. Next came five years as literary editor of Punch. He was appointed a Companion of Honour in 1988. In addition to the twelve-novel sequence, A Dance to the Music of Time, Anthony Powell was the author of seven other novels, and four volumes of memoirs, To Keep the Ball Rolling. He died in March 2000.
- Author(s)Anthony Powell
- Date of Publication12/03/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArrow Books Ltd
- Weight163 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $70.92
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.13
- AU $72.46Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.60Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.