All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJerry Dennis has earned a reputation as one of the finest writers on nature and the outdoors in America today. Now in From a Wooden Cae, he turns his attention to old passions and discovers new reasons to appreciate them.This engaging collection explores the quintessential American sports of caeing and camping and pays tribute to the things worth keeping, from wooden caes to pocket knives to cast-iron skillets. At a deeper level, it is about respect - for our possessions, for the natural world, for ourselves - and about the pleasures of a life well spent. From a Wooden Cae is a celebration of the good things and the simple pleasures of life outdoors. It is a book to be treasured, to be read on winter evenings and rainy afterons, and to be kept handy on a cabin shelf.
- Author BiographyJerry Dennis writes for Smithsonian, Sports Afield, Gray's Sporting Journal, and the New York Times. His previous books, including It's Raining Frogs and Fishes, A Place on the Water, and The River Home, have won numerous awards and have been translated into five languages. In 1999, he was the recipient of the Michigan Author of the Year Award presented by the Michigan Library Association. He lives in Traverse City, Michigan.
- Author(s)Jerry Dennis
- PublisherSt. Martin's Griffin
- Date of Publication08/09/2000
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt. Martin's Griffin
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Illustrator(s)Glenn Wolff
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.