All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.65
About this product
- DescriptionA harrowing collection of true tales of death and survival under the most extreme conditions imaginableThere comes a time in some men's lives when their physical and emotional states are pushed to the limit. Maybe their boat has capsized and they are adrift in the ocean, or maybe they've fallen into an ice crevasse, with apparent way out. It is in these moments men discover what they are truly made of and whether they have the courage and physical strength to come back From the Jaws of Death.This explosive collection showcases twenty-three stories of adventure gone horribly wrong, including: -- The Devil's Thumb by Jon Krakauer: the bestselling author recounts his perilous solo climb of Alaska's infamous Devil's Thumb-- Surviving the St. Patrick by Spike Walker: the crew of a fishing boat face crushing waves in the middle of a winter storm in the Gulf of Alaska-- Look for a Corpse by Larry Kaniut: a man buried by an avalanche fights to make it out alive-- The Boat Journey by Sir Ernest Shackleton: when his expedition's ship is destroyed, Shackleton and five of his crewmembers resolve to cross 800 ocean miles in a lifeboat to look for help--And many more!This is one of the finest and most extreme collections of true adventure ever assembled.
- Author BiographyEver since his very first steps, BROGAN STEELE has chased adventure. After a long, exhilarating day of facing Death and coming out on top, he relishes seeing the smoke curling up from the chimney of his log cabin, knowing he'll soon be lounging fireside with a cold beer.
- Date of Publication12/10/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight537 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byBrogan Steele
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.