All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrommer's books aren't written by committee, or by travel writers who simply pop in briefly to a destination and then consider the job done. We employ the best local experts to author our guides, like Darcy Rhy, a seasoned journalist born into a Nova Scotia fishing family, who has been traveling through the Maritimes since he was a small child and built his career writing in and about Atlantic Canada. Rhy introduces readers to the best and most authentic restaurants, hotels, shops, attractions and nightlife in the Maritimes; and provides unique insights into their history, natural wonders and vibrant contemporary culture. Most importantly, he'll tell you straight out what's worth your precious vacation time...and what you can skip with qualms. This light, portable book includes a fold-out map, plus detailed maps throughout the guide, exact pricing, opening hours, and the other important details that will make your trip smoother and less hectic. It features smartly conceived itineraries for travelers of all types and fastidiously researched information on the Maritimes' famed scenic drives and hiking opportunities. It offers savvy, sometimes sneaky, tips for saving money in ALL price ranges, whether you need to pinch pennies or can splash out a bit.
- Author BiographyDarcy Rhyno is a storyteller first. The author of three books of fiction as well as plays for stage and radio, he infuses his travel writing with character of place. Born to a fishing family in a Nova Scotia fishing village, he is a trusted bank of knowledge when it comes to Canada's Maritime Provinces. His award winning travel writing has appeared in publications such as Canadian Geographic Travel, BBC Travel and Dreamscapes.
- Author(s)Darcy Rhyno
- Date of Publication28/04/2016
- SubjectPeople & Places: General
- Series TitleEasy Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteB&W photos throughout, maps throughout
- Weight314 g
- Width130 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.