All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionSince Italy is too large and varied to be researched by one author or even two, Frommer's Italy written by multiple authors and is among the most up-to-date and fastidiously fact-checked of all the guidebooks on Italy presently published. That characteristic is perhaps the reason why Frommer's Italy is high up on any list of best-sellers, and why it is also regarded, by us, as a jewel in Frommer's crown. Six of Frommer's finest travel journalists have collaborated to produce the definitive guidebook to Italy. Most of them live in Italy, all of them publish constantly about Italy in the world's most prestigious media, and some have received major awards for their writings on the country. The book is updated yearly, printed in large, easy to read fonts and contains: - Dozens of maps, from regional and city maps to a handy fold-out map at the front - Gorgeous, full color photos - Opinionated reviews of the country's top historic sights, museums and other attractions as well as hotels, restaurants, shops and nightlife venues in all price ranges. - Handy sample itineraries so you can make the most of your vacation time. - Exact pricing so there are ugly surprises. - Star ratings, chosen by our authors and taking value into account, so you can quickly scan the book and pick out the options that will best suit your tastes and budget. No significant Italian location is left out. The book deals with: Rome, Florence, Tuscany, Umbria and the Marches, Bologna and Emilia Romagna, Venice, Milan, Piedmont and The Lakes, Gea and the Cinque Terre, Campania, Naples, Pompeii, and the Amalfi Coast, Sicily. The 2017 edition adds material on Puglia and the best of Basilicata.
- Author BiographyStephen Brewer has been writing travel guides for three decades. As an editor and writer, he has focused on European coverage for such magazines as Esquire, Connoisseur and Geo, and he was a producer of a popular radio travel show for many years. He has written several previous guides for Frommer's, Insight, and other companies, as well as authoring Beautiful Small Coastal Towns for Rizzoli. Stephen divides his time between Manhattan and Italy. Stephen Keeling has been traveling to Italy since 1985 (when a serving of gelato was 1000 lire), and covering his favorite nation for Frommer's since 2007. He has written for The Independent, Daily Telegraph, various travel magazines, and numerous travel guides as well as authored the award-winning Frommer's Family Travel Guide to Tuscany and Umbria. Stephen resides in New York City. Melanie Renzulli has been writing about Rome for guidebooks, magazines, and travel blogs for nearly 20 years. Twice a resident and many times a visitor, Melanie has explored the Italian capital from several different perspectives, opportunities that have given her unique insight into the city's major attractions and lesser-known wonders. While Melanie's favorite features of Rome change nearly every day, she's always up for peeking into an old church, ambling about ancient ruins, and stopping for an apertivo. She resides with her family in Rome. Michelle Schoenung is an American journalist and translator in Milan who relocated to the Belpaese in 2000 for what was to be a yearlong adventure. Fifteen years on, she is pleased that Milan has evolved into a much more international and cosmopolitan city and has shed its image of merely being a foggy northern Italian business hub. Her writings and translations have appeared in magazines and books in the United States and Italy. In her free time, she likes to read, run, travel and explore the city with her two rambunctious Italian-American bambini. She resides in Milan, Italy. Donald Strachan is a writer and journalist who has written about Italy for publications worldwide, including National Geographic Traveler, the Guardian, Sunday Telegraph, Independent and others. He resides in London.
- Author(s)Donald Strachan,Melanie Mize Renzulli,Michelle Schoenung,Stephen Brewer,Stephen Keeling
- Date of Publication03/11/2016
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleComplete Guide
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteTwo-color art throughout, color photos throughout, maps throughout, charts throu
- Weight728 g
- Width130 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement11th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.