Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.49Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.52Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
About this product
- DescriptionBack when Brenda Bond was growing up in the 1950s, life was as simple as Kool-Aid. In Front Porch Sketches, she reminisces about what life was like in Cyrus Creek, a small, rural community near Barboursville, West Virginia. In this memoir, Bond shares stories from her idyllic childhood-about the close-knit community, her loving family, the joy of country living, the value of church, and the experiences of attending a small school. She tells of the magical summer evenings on her grandparents' front porch, where the family gathered to laugh and visit, and of the grandfather who knew a real witch who put curses on things she couldn't have. Front Porch Sketches paints a portrait of a simple life in simpler times. It shows that the most important things in life-honesty, hard work, and common sense-cant be purchased, but can be passed through families, along with their traditions, and their values.
- Author(s)Brenda Bond
- Date of Publication31/07/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight172 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.