Front Row Seat: A Photographic Portrait of the Presidency of George W. Bush by Eric Draper (Hardback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $42.84+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.13Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.43Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionAmerica's forty-third president, George W. Bush, presided over eight of the most dramatic years in recent history, from the 9/11 attacks early in his administration to the worldwide ecomic crisis of 2008. By his side, recording every event from the momentous to the intimate, was his personal White House photographer, Eric Draper. From a collection of nearly one million photographs, Draper has selected more than one hundred images of President Bush that portray both the public figure and the private man. <cite>Front Row Seat presents a compelling, behind-the-scenes view of the presidency of George W. Bush. Through Draper's lens, we follow Bush through moments of crisis that called for strong leadership, such as 9/11; emotional meetings with troops in war zones, wounded soldiers at home, and Katrina survivors; and happy, relaxed times with his wife Laura, daughters Barbara and Jenna, and parents President George H. W. and Barbara Bush. We also see Bush at work within his inner circle of trusted advisors, including Vice President Richard Cheney, National Security Advisor and Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, and Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld. Capturing moments that reveal the essence of the man, <cite>Front Row Seat is an irreplaceable portrait of George W. Bush.
- Author BiographyThe longest-serving Chief White House Photographer and the first to document two full terms, Eric Draper covered George W. Bush for the entire eight years of his presidency. He was also named Special Assistant to the President. During his tenure, Draper directed the photographic and archival conversion of the White House Photo Office from film to digital. Prior to joining the White House, he was West Regional Enterprise Photographer for the Associated Press and had also worked as a staff photographer for the Seattle Times, Pasadena Star-News, and Albuquerque Tribune. He is currently a freelance political, corporate, editorial, and wedding photographer.
- Author(s)Eric Draper
- PublisherUniversity of Texas Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2013
- Series TitleFocus on American History Series
- Place of PublicationAustin, TX
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Texas Press
- Content Note149 color photos
- Weight2227 g
- Width313 mm
- Height288 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Foreword byGeorge W. Bush
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.