Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $33.47Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $11.90Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $71.78
- AU $11.54Trending at AU $16.45
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $14.87
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.74
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $22.68Trending at AU $25.96
- AU $9.42Trending at AU $13.78
About this product
- DescriptionThe gloves are off in this high-octane, frills cop thriller... Hitch a rollercoaster ride on a police carrier around the streets of London with Jax, the Cat, Dynamo, and Task Force Team Uniform-X-Ray 646. Feel your lungs burn as you chase robbers and fugitives, then wrestle with violent drunks. If you're still keeping up and haven't gone home in despair; wring your hands in frustration as you bring resourceful drug dealers before naive magistrates and watch them walk. Track down burglars and vicious perpetrators of domestic abuse; then stand between the doctor and the lunatic... Front Stack blurs the line between fact and fiction and takes you behind the blue and white cordon tape, exposing you to the everyday dangers faced by the cops, and the black humour so badly needed to remain sane in a world stalked by the insane. Pick your way through the filth and misery of those dingy houses home to London's underclass; watch out for the inevitable snarling status dogs, and don't forget to wipe your feet on the way out... Had eugh of being thrown around in the back of a carrier attending endless so-called emergencies? Step off the rollercoaster, swap Jax's carrier for foot duty, and try to keep up with the public order officers of the Metropolitan Police as they sprint along Tottenham's lawless and riot-ravaged streets dodging missiles and searing petrol bombs - but don't forget to grab a shield - you'll need it in your battle to hold the front line...
- Author BiographyVm (Jack) Frost was born in Stamford, Lincolnshire. Moving with his Air Force parents to the Mediterranean island of Malta in the 1960's, he remained there until 1976, when he returned to the UK to complete his education. Leaving school with negligible qualifications, he joined the British army where, after completing several operational tours, he left as a senior non-commissioned officer. Since then, he has undertaken such diverse work as: grill chef, baker, mechanic, and builder. After a period working as a residential social worker with troubled adolescents, he became a police officer; firstly with Thames Valley Police, and then later the Metropolitan Police, where for the remainder of his15 years service, he served on the front line carrying out both investigatory work and public order duties, including the quelling of the Tottenham riots. Front Stack is his fourth book.
- Author(s)VM Frost
- Date of Publication30/10/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight426 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.