All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.11
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.45
- AU $31.43Trending at AU $36.86
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.21
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.82
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.28
- AU $18.20Trending at AU $22.17
About this product
- DescriptionFrontier Justice With a Vengeance! describes one of the most heius crimes in the history of Montana-patricide. Clinton Dotson, incarcerated and serving a ninety-nine year sentence for the murder and robbery of an elderly prospector, is convicted of masterminding a cunning plot to fake his own father's suicide, thereby exonerating himself. Over a hundred years later, the bizarre events, inflammatory press coverage, and court rulings continue to provoke debate. Was Clinton the victim of a revengeful plot perpetrated by his nephew and a drifter from Missouri, or did he conspire to have his father murdered in cold blood? In the thirty-two months, between August 1899 and April 1902, Clinton Dotson's life changed from that of an ordinary family man with nine children to that of a convict reviled by the press and public alike. For the first time, the case is presented in depth by Jennie L. Brown, Clinton Dotson's granddaughter. Working with public documents, letters, and family papers, Brown paints a vivid picture of the era, and provides insight into the lives of both her grandfather and her great-grandfather. Illustrations and photos, many never before published, enhance the narrative.
- Author BiographyOriginally from Wyoming, Jennie L. Brown is the award winning author of Blue Moon Rising: Kentucky Women in Transition. She is a frequent speaker, and presents workshops on oral history. Her short fiction and essays have won honors in various competitions. She is a Professor Emeritus at Western Kentucky University. Although she now lives in Kentucky, her heart remains in the West.
- Author(s)Jennie L Brown
- Date of Publication23/03/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight413 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.