Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $59.39Trending at AU $61.38
About this product
- DescriptionTaiwan has evolved dramatically from a little-kwn island to an internationally acclaimed ecomic miracle and thriving democracy. The history of modern Taiwanese poetry parallels and tells the story of this transformation from periphery to frontier. Containing translations of nearly 400 poems from 50 poets spanning the entire 20th century, this anthology reveals Taiwan in a broad spectrum of themes, forms and styles: from lyrical meditation to political satire, haiku to concrete poetry, surrealism to postmodernism. The introduction outlines the development of modern poetry in the historical and cultural context of Taiwan. Frontier Taiwan captures the achievements of the nation's modern poetic traditions.
- Author BiographyMichelle Yeh is professor of Chinese at the University of California, Davis. N. G. D. Malmqvist is professor emeritus and member of the Swedish Academy in Stockholm.
- PublisherColumbia University Press
- Date of Publication15/03/2001
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleModern Chinese Literature from Taiwan
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintColumbia University Press
- Content Note1 map
- Weight694 g
- Edited byMichelle Yeh,N. G. D. Malmqvist
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.