All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume contains the lectures and contributions presented at the NATO Advanced Study Institute (ASI) on Frontier Topics in Nuclear Physics , held at Predeal in Romania from 24 August to 4 September 1993. The ASI stands in a row of 23 Predeal Summer Schools organized by the Institute of Atomic Physics (Bucharest) in Predeal or Poiana-Brasov during the last 25 years. The main topics of the ASI were cluster radioactivity, fission and fusion. the production of very heavy elements, nuclear structure described with microscopic and collective models, weak: interaction and double beta decay, nuclear astrophysics, and heavy ion reactions from low to ultrarelativistic energies. The content of this book is ordered according to these topics. The ASI started with a lecture by Professor Greiner on the Present and future of nuclear physics , showing the most important new directions of research and the interdisciplinary relations of nuclear physics with other fields of physics. This lecture is printed in the first chapter of the book.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication23/10/2012
- Series TitleNATO Science Series B
- Series Part/Volume Number334
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight964 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byAurel Sandulescu,Werner Scheid
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1994
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.