All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.89
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $29.50
About this product
- DescriptionBiomechanics is concerned with the response of living matter to forces, and its study has taken long strides in recent years. In the past two decades, biomechanics has brought improved understanding of rmal and patho- physiology of organisms at molecular, cellular, and organ levels; it has helped developing medical diagstic and treatment procedures; it has guided the design and manufacturing of prosthesis and instruments; it has suggested the means for improving human performance in the workplace, sports, and space; it has made us understand trauma in war and in peace. Looking toward the future, we see many more areas of possible development such as: reduction in heart diseases and atherosclerosis improved vascular assist and replacement devices, including a permanent artifical heart enhanced oxygen transport in the lung understanding and control of growth and changes mechanics of neuromuscular control and robotics prevention of joint degeneration permanent total joint replacements prevention of low back pain workplace designs to enhance productivity ambulation systems for the handicapped fully implantable hearing aids improved understanding of the mechanisms for permanent disability injuries identification of factors such as alcohol use and disease influence on impact tolerance improved cellular bioreactor designs mechanics of DNA and its application in biotechlogy. * Obviously, the attainment of these prospects will greatly improve the quality of human life and reduce the costs of living. * This list is from a report by the U. S. National Committee on Biomechanics, April, 1985.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication26/09/2011
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight585 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byBenjamin W. Zweifach,Geert W. Schmid-Schonbein,S. L-. Y. Woo
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1986
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.