Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
About this product
- DescriptionTraditional methods of medical education and training are changing rapidly. This volume integrates the printed text--as provided by leading experts in science and medicine--with multimedia applications using desktop conferencing and the Internet in the delivery of instruction. The Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology at The George Washington University Medical Center, with the support of an unrestricted educational grant from the Healthcare Education Department of Glaxo Welcome, Inc. , has created a distance-learning lecture series on the Internet for continuing medical education. In this lecture series, leading scientists and physicians discussed the most current as well as future projected treatments of prominent afflictions of mankind. These chosen speakers, who are at the forefront of research and treatment in the field of biomedicine, build a structural framework for the audience in their field of expertise, and from there looked into their crystal ball and discussed their view of the future. The lectures, approximately one hour in length, were broadcast live from The George Washington University Medical Center in Washington, D. C. as part of the Department of Medicine Grand Rounds. These lectures will be available on the Internet until 2001. In partnership with Medical Consumer Media, the lectures were simultaneously broadcast live around the world via the Internet with real-time audio streaming and digitized 35mm slide presentation. The lecture format was designed to foster questions which went beyond basic science and current treatments.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication09/11/2012
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight954 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byAllan L. Goldstein
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.