Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.65
About this product
- DescriptionThey're shooting right down on us from the mountain to the east ... mortars, heavy machine guns, and maybe a thousand rifles. How are you coming in to relieve us? The commander on the ground asked me these questions as our helicopters approached. His company was pinned down in a steep V-shaped valley. He then explained that the only approach was to hover above his company in the midst of all that gunfire and jump right into his perimeter. Getting this company of soldiers in there and getting them would test the leadership skills of the most savvy commanders. The story has a happy ending that you can use to talk about leadership with your team. Each leadership essential is illustrated with a real combat story that's memorable and guaranteed to generate a discussion you can use to make everyone on your team a successful leader.
- Author BiographyDale Collie is an author and professional speaker with experience as a US Army Ranger, combat infantry commander, West Point professor, Fortune 500 executive, and CEO of a wildly successful international charity. Dale was the first infantry officer permitted to stay on active duty as an amputee after recovering from combat wounds in Vietnam. Fast Company magazine lists Dale as one of America's Fast 50 innovative leaders.
- Author(s)Dale Collie
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication12/08/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight236 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.