All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $59.39Trending at AU $61.38
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1898 men and women from all over the world converged on Alaska. Gold had been discovered. In the Yukon Territory, all winter long eager gold seekers struggled over the mountain passes connecting Canada with the United States. A small group of photographers chronicled this epic, creating images of men and women laboring through blinding swstorms over the windswept, ice-covered mountains. One of that group was a young Swedish immigrant by the name of P. E. Larson. Frozen in Silver documents how this man used the recent medium of photography to earn a living as a merchant and tradesman. From the relative tranquility of a Minnesota photographic studio, he moved westward. And, like thousands of others, he made his way to the Klondike Gold Rush, although with camera in hand. In addition to preserving the rich photographic record of the Great Stampede to the Klondike, Larson recorded contemporary Western life and culture, including that of the hard rock mining community of Goldfield, Nevada. Frozen in Silver is a riveting story of one man's trek through a time and place that have been captured on film and w in print.
- Author BiographyRonald T. Bailey is Planning Director for Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. A photographer and historic interpreter of the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, he is involved in natural resource conservation and historic steam railroad preservation.
- Author(s)Ronald T. Bailey
- PublisherOhio University Press
- Date of Publication31/12/1997
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationOhio
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSwallow Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1030 g
- Width254 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine26 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.