All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis title offers a witty yet insightful look at the ecomic ills that have affected America and most of the Western world. Ever wonder why we allow six guys in hardhats to stand around drinking tea while traffic jams build up all around them? Why you can't refinance your mortgage because other people stopped paying theirs? Or why even the simplest of insurance policies have become hugely expensive? If you've asked yourself any of these questions, or got queasy contemplating what passes for ecomic analysis in the media, this is the book for you! Fubarmics provides readers with a witty and informative overview of contemporary and historic ecomic ills - from higher education to the Great Depression. It also offers unique insight into the recent crippling recession, including the often baffling subprime mortgage meltdown that many believe started the ball rolling.
- Author BiographyRobert Wright is the Chair of Political Economy at Augustana College, and a former lecturer in economic and financial history at New York University's Stern School of Business.
- Author(s)Robert Wright
- PublisherPrometheus Books
- Date of Publication01/08/2010
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationAmherst
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrometheus Books
- Weight585 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.