Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionSuffused with tenderness and humor, the poems in this new collection take readers on a journey through emotions, across national boundaries, and even along the geographic timeline. The quick mind of author Jacobstein creates fluid verse that can take on the singular geography of his native Michigan or the story of an immigrant cab driver with ease. His elegant rhyme and clever rhythm are suited equally to an ode to the stegosaurus and to his many poems for his adopted daughter. He moves readers from Washington, D.C., to Delhi, from adolescence to fatherhood, and between heaven and earth. With its immersive voice and sensitive examinations, this set of verses retains its sense of wonder at all the beautiful hellos and good-byes that humans come to kw well in their too-short lifetimes.From Nick of Time ; and if I keep at it forty-three more years; can I make a work of art, even beauty, from this jumble; we call the world - yellow balls and summer lawns, temples; and tourists, exiles, IV poles, crocodiles - and may it stay; the confusion and the madness, Lord, if t the clock.
- Author BiographyRoy Jacobstein is a public health physician and the acclaimed author of the poetry collections A Form of Optimism, Ripe, and Tourniquet. In 2002, he received the Felix Pollak Prize and in 2006 won the Morse Poetry Award. His poems have appeared in publications including Arts and Letters, The Iowa Review, TriQuarterly, and the Journal of the American Medical Association. He lives with his wife and daughter in Chapel Hill, North Carolina.
- Author(s)Roy Jacobstein
- PublisherNorthwestern University Press
- Date of Publication15/05/2008
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationEvanston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTriquarterly Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.