All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $59.39Trending at AU $61.38
About this product
- DescriptionThe need for cleaner, sustainable energy continues to drive engineering research, development, and capital projects. Recent advances in combustion science and techlogy, including sophisticated diagstic and control equipment, have enabled engineers to improve fuel processes and systems and reduce the damaging effects of fuels on the environment. With an emphasis on how fuels and combustion impact ecomic and environmental interests, Fuels, Energy, and the Environment offers an up-to-date and balanced overview of the whole field of fuel science and techlogy. Accessible to undergraduate and graduate students as well as practicing engineers, the text focuses on energy supplies, fuel efficiency, and environmental challenges. Using relatively simple language, the book explores the composition and combustion characteristics of a wide range of fuels becoming available worldwide. It examines the dependence on combustion devices for the exploitation of various fuel resources for producing heat and power as well as the need to increase the efficiency of energy production and use. The text also addresses the negative impact on the environment from fuel-consuming devices and activities associated with fuel and energy applications, exploring measures/equipment to control emissions and improve the performance of burners and fuel-consuming appliances.
- Author BiographyGhazi A. Karim is a professor of engineering at the University of Calgary. Dr. Karim has developed numerous undergraduate and graduate courses, conducted research, and published extensively on topics relating to energy conversion, fuels, combustion, and the environment. He has also been a consultant to a wide variety of public and private institutions.
- Author(s)Ghazi A. Karim
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication07/12/2012
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note173 black & white illustrations, 8 colour illustrations, 36 black & white tables
- Weight635 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.