All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionFulbe Presence in Sierra Leone, is an important piece of scholarship that documents the richness and diversity of African history. This study t only documents the cost of artificially drawn borders in human terms, but it also provides a case study in the discrimination of a people by other groups or the government, for one reason or ather. The author takes his readers through the complex processes leading to the defining of the borders of Sierra Leone, Liberia, and Guinea. The role of the Fulbe in the establishment of Koindu as a modern market town is fascinating. Fulbe traders also contributed to the improvement of the social life and the conversion of Kissis to Islam. Despite the role of the Fulbe in Koindu they are still considered strangers in Sierra Leone.
- Author BiographyThe Author: M. Alpha Bah, Associate Professor of African History at the College of Charleston, was born and reared in Sierra Leone, Egypt, and the United States. Bah graduated from Howard University (B.A. and M.A. in French, M.A. and Ph.D. in African History). He taught History and French at the University of Liberia (1978-1985) where he served as department chair (1984-1985), and was a Fulbright Scholar at Villanova University (1985-1986). Bah's articles have appeared in the Liberian Studies Journal and the Journal of Muslim Minority Affairs. His interst in traditional ethnic and modern colonial boundaries in Africa led to this publication.
- Author(s)M. Alpha Bah
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Series TitleAmerican University Studies, Series 9: History
- Series Part/Volume Number140
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Note5 maps, 10 ill.
- Weight460 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.