All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNow in its updated second edition, Full Frontal Feminism is a book that continues to embody the forward-looking messages that author Jessica Valenti propagated as founder of the popular website, Feministing.com. Full Frontal Feminism is a smart and relatable guide to the issues that matter to today's young women. This edition includes a new foreword by Valenti, reflecting upon what's happened in the seven years since Full Frontal Feminism was originally published. With new openers from Valenti in every chapter, the book covers a range of topics, including pop culture, health, reproductive rights, violence, education, relationships, and more. Chapters include: You're a Hardcore Feminist. I Swear. Feminists Do It Better (and Other Sex Tips) Pop Culture Gone Wild The Blame (and Shame) Game If These Uterine Walls Could Talk Material World My Big Fat Unnecessary Wedding and Other Dating Diseases Real Women Have Babies I Promise I Won't Say Herstory Boys Do Cry Beauty Cult Sex and the City Voters, My Ass A Quick Academic Aside Get to It Since its original publication, Full Frontal Feminism has reassured readers--yeah, you're feminists, and that's actually pretty cool.
- Author BiographyJessica Valenti--called one of the Top 100 Inspiring Women in the world by The Guardian--is the author of four books on feminism, politics, and culture. Jessica is also the founder of Feministing.com, which Columbia Journalism Review called head and shoulders above almost any writing on women's issues in mainstream media. Her writing has appeared in The Washington Post, The Nation, The Guardian (UK), The American Prospect, Ms. magazine, Salon, and Bitch magazine. Jessica received her Masters degree in Women's and Gender Studies from Rutgers University. She lives with her husband and daughter in Boston.
- Author(s)Jessica Valenti
- PublisherAvalon Publishing Group
- Date of Publication31/07/2014
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAvalon Publishing Group
- Weight236 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.23
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.