All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionFull Participation is the first book- length study of compulsory voting to be published in the English language. About a quarter of all democracies in the contemporary world legally oblige their citizens to vote, making this an important aspect of electoral systems in many settings. The study systematically examines the history of the institution, the rmative arguments for and against it, and the influence it has on a range of political phemena. These include electoral campaigns, political attitudes, electoral integrity, and legitimacy, policy outcomes, and turut. It also considers the feasibility of introducing compulsory voting in a contemporary democracy, as well as variations on the institution designed to broaden its appeal.
- Author BiographySarah Birch is reader in politics at the University of Essex (UK).
- Author(s)Sarah Birch,United Nations
- PublisherUnited Nations
- Date of Publication15/02/2009
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUnited Nations
- Weight295 g
- Width152 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.