All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionThe service station. Cars with fins and chrome. It was the heyday of America s love affair with the automobile and the afterglow still lingers. Author and photojournalist David Hill has traveled the back roads, state routes, and hiked through the woods of his home state of Maine to find these automotive treasures and photograph them in their pristine state. Feast your eyes on these 100% untouched classic design originals, left in situ to become an eloquent testimony to an age of automotive splendor and American craftsmanship. FULL SERVICE chronicles a journey back in time and place and is a lush visual reminder for those old eugh to remember when, who pine for the days of cheap gas, gorgeous wheels and open roads. A special gift for the classic car collector, automotive enthusiast, and/or design student.
- Author BiographyDavid Hill was born in Portland, Maine and raised in Gorham. He has lived in a number of towns in southern Maine.He has three children and currently lives in South Portland with his high-school girlfriend, Lisa. Hill has been a television photojournalist since 1992, spending the last seventeen years at WGME. He got his first camera for Christmas in 1978, at age eight a Kodak Instamatic that he still has.A wanderer, Hill spends a lot of time visiting around the state of Maine, with his camera in tow. He has a DeLorme Gazetteer that he uses to check off the grids he s been to on the back of the Atlas.
- Author(s)David Hill
- PublisherIslandport Press
- Date of Publication06/01/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAntiques & Collectables
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIslandport Press
- Weight386 g
- Width201 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.