Brand newLOWEST PRICE
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHolding in balance the ecological and the techlogical, ancient and modern, Full Volume sings languages and cultures, people and habitats burgeoning on the brink of extinction. From revved-up battle-cry to nervous whisper, these lyrical poems praise intricate abundance. Assured in its rhymes and cadences, Full Volume is often attentive to poetry in other tongues, t least Gaelic. As their tones and forms shift from the spiritual to the wry, from haiku to brosnachadh, the poems' resonance and music build into a sustained sounding of what it means to live, love, and listen in a world where 'Nothing is ever single'.
- Author BiographyRobert Crawford was born in Lanarkshire in 1959. His first collection, A Scottish Assembly, was published in 1990. His Selected Poems (Cape, 2005) was awarded the Poetry Book Society's Special Commendation. Author of Scotland's Books (Penguin, 2007) and co-editor of The Penguin Book of Scottish Verse, Robert Crawford is Professor of Modern Scottish Literature at the University of St Andrews and has recently written a biography of Robert Burns, The Bard.
- PrizesShortlisted for T S Eliot Prize 2008.
- Author(s)Robert Crawford
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication06/03/2008
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJonathan Cape Ltd
- Weight112 g
- Width132 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine7 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.38
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.