All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFull of Secrets is the complete source book on Twin Peaks , the first foray into television for prominent film director David Lynch. Addressing a wide variety of topics, including the series' cult status, its obsession with doubling, and its silencing of women, this diverse group of essays analyses the series from feminist, deconstructionist and semiotic perspectives. The show, which earned 14 Emmy minations in its first season, was originally tauted as capable of changing television forever. Due to its unique visual style, its resistance of stereotype - it was a hybrid of FBI drama, murder mystery, soap opera, comedy and commercial - and its controversial subject matter centred around father-daughter incest, Twin Peaks was, for a time, the most talked about show on television. Because it was at once subversive and invative, many found it hard to believe that this moody, bizarre, intertextual, and self-referential series found an audience on network television. To help explain the phemen, Full of Secrets looks at Twin Peaks from a critical and interpretive standpoint. In doing so, the book t only acts as an essential guide to the series, but it also raises questions about the very nature and function of television in the 1990s. Containing virtually everything necessary for an in-depth examination of the series' importance and meaning, this book also features a director and writer list, a cast list, a Twin Peaks calendar, a complete scene breakdown for the entire series, and a comprehensive bibliography.
- Author BiographyDavid Lavery (Ph.D. in English, University of Florida) is professor and chair of the Department of English at Middle Tennessee State University. He is the author of numerous essays and of Late for the Sky: The Mentality of the Space Age (Southern Illinois University Press).
- PublisherWayne State University Press
- Date of Publication01/12/1994
- LanguageEnglish, Multiple languages
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleContemporary Approaches to Film and Media Series
- Place of PublicationDetroit, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWayne State University Press
- Content Notebibliography
- Height230 mm
- Edited byDavid Lavery
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $35.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.