Fully Connected: Surviving and Thriving in an Age of Overload by Julia Hobsbawm (Hardback, 2017)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $30.61Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $22.83Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTwenty-five years after the arrival of the Internet, we are drowning in data and deadlines. Humans and machines are in fully connected overdrive - and starting to become entwined as never before. Truly, it is an Age of Overload. We can never have imagined that absorbing so much information while trying to maintain a healthy balance in our personal and professional lives could feel so complex, dissatisfying and unproductive. Something is missing. That something, Julia Hobsbawm argues in this ground-breaking book, is Social Health, a new blueprint for modern connectedness. She begins with the premise that much of what we think about healthy ways to live have t been updated any more than have most post-war modern institutions, which are themselves also struggling in the twenty-first century. In 1946, the World Health Organization defined 'health' as 'a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and t merely the absence of disease or infirmity.' What we understood by 'social' in the middle of the last century w desperately needs an update. In Fully Connected Julia Hobsbawm takes us on a journey - often a personal one, 'from Telex to Twitter' - to illustrate how the answer to the Age of Overload can come from devising management-based systems which are both highly practical and yet intuitive, and which draw inspiration from the huge advances the world has made in tackling other kinds of health, specifically nutrition, exercise, and mental well-being. Drawing on the latest thinking in health and behavioural ecomics, social psychology, neuroscience, management and social network analysis, this book provides a cornucopia of case studies and ideas, to educate and inspire a new generation of managers, policymakers and anyone wanting to navigate through the rough seas of overload.
- Author BiographyJulia Hobsbawm OBE is a leading expert on connectedness in modern life. A prominent entrepreneur, media commentator and international speaker for corporate audiences, she has emerged as a leading voice on the future of workplace productivity practices, particularly around Social Health, and how scientific network patterns underpin much of what we do on a daily basis. She became the world's first Professor in Networking in 2011 and is Hon Visiting Professor at Cass Business School in London and at the University of Suffolk. She was awarded an OBE in The Queen's Birthday Honours List in 2015.
- Author(s)Julia Hobsbawm
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication20/04/2017
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $20.16Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.45Trending at AU $29.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.