All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.66Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionAlistair Cooke, whom many knew as the former host of Masterpiece Theatre, was also one of the world's best journalists. Here he brings his unique blend of wit, curiosity, and insight to bear on the world of sports and entertainment. He writes with equal verve on golf (his favorite sport), tennis, boxing, sailing, and horse racing. And his selections on the movies, jazz, and the theater are just as delightful. Whether writing on George Gershwin or Arld Palmer, Muhammad Ali or Groucho Marx, Charlie Chaplin or Jack Nicklaus, Duke Ellington or Sugar Ray Robinson, the Masters golf tournament or Wimbledon, the Kentucky Derby or How the Russians Invented Baseball, Alistair Cooke is as charming as he is informative. Skyhorse Publishing, as well as our Sports Publishing imprint, are proud to publish a broad range of books for readers interested in sports--books about baseball, pro football, college football, pro and college basketball, hockey, or soccer, we have a book about your sport or your team. Whether you are a New York Yankees fan or hail from Red Sox nation; whether you are a die-hard Green Bay Packers or Dallas Cowboys fan; whether you root for the Kentucky Wildcats, Louisville Cardinals, UCLA Bruins, or Kansas Jayhawks; whether you route for the Boston Bruins, Toronto Maple Leafs, Montreal Canadiens, or Los Angeles Kings; we have a book for you. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to publishing books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked by other publishers and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyAlistair Cooke was a journalist born in Lancashire, England, on November 20, 1908. For over fifty years, he presented Letters from America, which was the longest-running radio series in the world. Cooke lived in New York City until his death on March 30, 2004.
- Author(s)Alistair Cooke
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication19/02/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintArcade Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.