All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $133.26Trending at AU $138.02
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $32.93Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.90Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.06
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $50.95
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a book written primarily for graduate students and early researchers in the fields of Analysis and Partial Differential Equations (PDEs). Coverage of the material is essentially self-contained, extensive and vel with great attention to details and rigour. The strength of the book primarily lies in its clear and detailed explanations, scope and coverage, highlighting and presenting deep and profound inter-connections between different related and seemingly unrelated disciplines within classical and modern mathematics and above all the extensive collection of examples, worked-out and hinted exercises. There are well over 700 exercises of varying level leading the reader from the basics to the most advanced levels and frontiers of research. The book can be used either for independent study or for a year-long graduate level course. In fact it has its origin in a year-long graduate course taught by the author in Oxford in 2004-5 and various parts of it in other institutions later on. A good number of distinguished researchers and faculty in mathematics worldwide have started their research career from the course that formed the basis for this book.
- Author BiographyDr Taheri is a Reader in Mathematics as the University of Sussex. His primary research area is in the field of years. During which time he has published research papers in prestigious journals, made valuable contributions to the field and has taught and conducted research in some of the leading institutions in the world including Oxford, Courant Institute, Max-Planck-Institute Leipzig and Warwick. He heads up the Analysis and PDEs research group in Sussex In June 2014 he was awarded the First University of Sussex Student Led Teaching Prize for Outstanding and Innovative Postgraduate Teaching in Mathematics .
- Author(s)Ali Taheri
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication13/08/2015
- Series TitleOxford Lecture Series in Mathematics & Its Applications
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note8
- Weight890 g
- Width162 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.