All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $16.66Trending at AU $30.84
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $32.98Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
About this product
- DescriptionFunctional Electromyography: Provocative Maneuvers in Electrodiagsis integrates electrophysiology further into the physical examination than ever before. It introduces the use of electrodiagstic studies to quantify the neurological changes brought about by three provocative maneuvers commonly used in contemporary medicine. This widens the scope of electromyography while sharpening physicians' diagstic acuity. The book presents nerve conduction velocity (NCV) and H-reflex techniques to identify common conditions that are difficult to diagse by any other means, often using the needle exam (EMG), MRI or musculoskeletal ultrasound to verify their clinical utility. Functional electromyography successfully diagses some cases of thoracic outlet syndrome, nearly all cases of piriformis syndrome, and offers a method for determining whether spinal stesis or radiculopathy is the main pain generator when both are present in a single patient, even at the same level. This is particularly valuable because the standard conservative and surgical treatments for these two conditions are opposite, in spite of the identical symptom-set they produce. The book carefully describes each technique and persuasively documents their validity in statistical series and individual case presentations. It further guides the attentive electromyographer to adapt these methods to cases beyond those presented in its pages, suggesting a safe and scientific approach to other functional maneuvers of value to the electromyographer, and methods for validating one-time measures that may aid the electromyographer in clinical situations that are neither common r easily analyzed. Hand drawn illustrations are included alongside text developed by experts in the field. An invaluable resource for physiatrists, neurologists, orthopedic surgeons, specialists in pain management and other providers, Functional Electromyography: Provocative Maneuvers in Electrodiagsis represents a major contribution to the field of electrodiagsis.
- Author(s)Allen N. Wilkins,Loren Fishman
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication01/06/2010
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Note21 black & white tables, biography
- Weight444 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.