All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.18Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.43Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionThis major reference provides a comprehensive treatment of the physiological effects of foods and food components capable of promoting good health and preventing or alleviating diseases. It assembles, in one volume, extensive recent information on the nature and physiological effects of biologically-active components of major plant foods-cereals, oilseeds, fruits, and vegetables-and dairy and fish products. For the first time in any reference work, internationally rewned specialists discuss how to manufacture and evaluate food products with health enhancing effects, using both traditional and vel processing methods. Entire chapters are devoted to functional food products from oats, wheat, rice, flaxseed, mustard, fruits, vegetables, fish, and dairy products. The chapter on designer vegetable oils covers all the recent developments in vegetable oils, including genetically modified oils and engineering and production of structured lipids. Functional products from quia, amaranth, beans, ginseng, echinacea, and other botanicals are covered in separate chapters. An authoritative final chapter discusses the present regulatory status of functional foods in the U. S., Japan, Canada, and the European Union. This chapter also discusses the assessment of natural products for use in promoting human health and as medicinal agents, considers where the burden of proof lies for showing the effect of a food product on a physiological or biochemical process, and explores the costs of making health claim. This comprehensive volume serves the information needs of food scientists and techlogists, food process engineers, biochemists, nutritionists, public health professionals, and entrepreneurs involved in the design, processing, and marketing of new functional food products. Anyone who believes in the need for real foods that combine nutritional and medical benefits and who believes that such foods can be produced, will find this book invaluable.
- PublisherTechnomic Publishing Co ,U.S.
- Date of Publication19/06/1998
- SubjectTechnology: General & Reference
- Series TitleFunctional Foods and Nutraceuticals
- Place of PublicationLancaster
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTechnomic Publishing Co
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight739 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byGiuseppe Mazza
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.