All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $20.03Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
About this product
- DescriptionThis book gives a survey of the architecture of the Golgi apparatus, as revealed by morphological and cytochemical studies with a variety of cell types. The results presented include demonstrations of Golgi architecture in the course of cell differentiation, at varying functional cellular states, and under the influence of microtubule-disrupting agents. Emphasis is particularly placed on the organization of subsections of the Golgi apparatus and the questions of how Golgi subsections may be related to functional subcompartments of the Golgi system. By means of affinity-cytochemical approaches, using a palette of lectins of diverse sugar specificities, it is shown that functional subcompartments can be distributed in the complex Golgi system irrespective of the morphological subdivision in cis-medial-trans-transmost subsections. The use of pre- and post-embedment lectin-cytochemical approaches as a tool for the localization of functional Golgi subcompartments is of particular interest, especially as some of the lectins have been used in these approaches for the first time. This book intends to provide syptic information on the architecture of the Golgi apparatus, its wide variability and possible arrangements of Golgi subcompartments.
- Author(s)Margit Pavelka
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication18/09/1987
- SubjectLife Sciences: Zoology
- Series TitleAdvances in Anatomy, Embryology and Cell Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number106
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note28 black & white illustrations, biography, 25 figs.
- Weight235 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine6 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.