Functional Neuroanatomy: An Interactive Text and Manual by Jeffrey T. Joseph, David L. Cardozo (Paperback, 2004)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $219.10+ AU $7.50 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $64.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $20.16Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.45Trending at AU $29.55
About this product
- DescriptionAn engaging and highly vel presentation of functional neuroanatomy, Functional Neuroanatomy provides a thorough understanding of the function of the central nervous system. Its takes a problem- and exercise-based approach to the material, with everything from dissections, radiological material, and histology to clinical cases and experimental data. The text shows histology of various neurological disorders, accompanied by descriptions of clinically relevant pathology. Numerous patient presentations support the case studies by offering real examples of how functional neuroanatomy applies to clinical problems. Taking a highly interactive approach to the field, the text offers over 500 clearly labeled images of gross, microscopic, and radiological images. It cross-references between chapters and reinforces concepts introduced earlier. The emphasis stays on clinical relevance throughout, and the book concludes with an atlas of labeled gross structures and cross-sections.
- Author BiographyDr. Joseph is a neuropathologist at the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. He received his medical and doctoral training at Harvard Medical School. He trained in anatomic pathology and then neuropathology at the Brigham and Women's Hospital and Children's Hospital in Boston. In addition to providing clinical neuropathology service at the Beth Israel Deaconess, he is also assistant course director of Human Nervous System and Behavior, the main preclinical neuroanatomy and neurophysiology course at Harvard Medical School. Dr. Joseph has taught extensively, including in the Peace Corps and in graduate school, and has taught at Harvard Medical School since 1996. Over the years he has accumulated an extensive collection of neuroanatomy and neuropathology images, some of which are used in this text. Dr. Cardozo is a faculty member in the Department of Neurobiology at Harvard Medical School and is course director for the Human Nervous System and Behavior at Harvard Medical School. He received a B.A in English Literature from Concordia University, a B.S. in Biology from Dalhousie University and a Ph.D. in Neurobiology from Harvard University. Prior to embarking upon an academic career, he served as an officer in the Canadian Navy and as a master of cargo vessels trading in the Caribbean. He has taught at Harvard Medical School since 1998.
- Author(s)David L. Cardozo,Jeffrey T. Joseph
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication12/03/2004
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1354 g
- Width212 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.