All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.74Trending at AU $16.20
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $37.95
- AU $14.06Trending at AU $23.24
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
About this product
- DescriptionAs the emerging field of proteomics continues to expand at an extremely rapid rate, the relative quantification of proteins, targeted by their function, becomes its greatest challenge. Complex analytical strategies have been designed that allow comparative analysis of large proteomes, as well as in depth detection of the core proteome or the interaction network of a given protein of interest. In Functional Proteomics: Methods and Protocols, expert researchers describe the latest protocols being developed to address the problems encountered in high-throughput proteomics projects, with emphasis on the factors governing the technical choices for given applications. The case studies within the volume focus on the following three crucial aspects of the experimental design: 1) the strategy used for the selection, purification and preparation of the sample to be analyzed by mass spectrometry, 2) the type of mass spectrometer used and the type of data to be obtained from it, and 3) the method used for the interpretation of the mass spectrometry data and the search engine used for the identification of the proteins in the different types of sequence data banks available. As a part of the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology(TM) series, the chapters compile step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding kwn pitfalls. Comprehensive and cutting-edge, Functional Proteomics: Methods and Protocols is an ideal resource for all scientists pursuing this developing field and its multitudius data.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication01/08/2008
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleMethods in Molecular Biology
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 484
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Note111 black & white illustrations, 4 colour illustrations, 23 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1039 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byChristine Schaeffer-Reiss,Julie D. Thompson,Marius Ueffing
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.