All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionStudents are often overwhelmed by the amount of information presented in the introductory financial accounting course. By focusing on fundamental concepts in a logical sequence, students are able to fully comprehend the material rather than memorise seemingly unrelated terms and topics. The goal of Fundamental Financial Accounting Concepts is to enable students to understand how any given business event affects the financial statements. The financial statements model is a highly praised feature because it allows students to visualise the simultaneous impact of business events on all of the key financial statements (the income statement, the balance sheet, and the statement of cash flows).
- Author BiographyThomas P. Edmonds, Ph.D.: Dr. Edmonds is Professor of Accountancy at the University of Alabama at Birmingham, (UAB). He has been actively involved in teaching accounting principles throughout his academic career. He has received several prestigious teaching awards, including the UAB President's Excellence in Teaching Award and the distinguished Ellen Gregg Ingalls Award for excellence in classroom teaching. His academic experience includes being published in the Journal of Accounting Education, the Accounting Review, and the Journal of Accounting, Auditing and Finance among others. Dr. Edmonds received his Ph.D. in Accounting from Georgia State University. Christopher T. Edmonds is an Assistant Professor of Accounting at the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB). His focus is on new teaching pedagogies such as flipping the classroom, competency learning, and online education. In his classes, students watch lectures at home and come to class to work with others and practice skills. Although early in his career, Dr. Edmonds has received multiple teaching awards and published several articles in the area of accounting education. He has written articles that appeared in Issues in Accounting Education , Advances in Accounting Education , AIS Educators Journal , and Advances in Accounting. Frances M. McNair, PhD, CPA, holds the KPMG Peat Marwick Professorship in Accounting at Mississippi State University (MSU). She has been involved in teaching principles of accounting for the past 12 years and currently serves as the coordinator for the principles of accounting courses at MSU. Dr. McNair was selected as Accounting Educator of the year by the Mississippi Society of CPAs in 2014. She joined the MSU faculty in 1987 after receiving her PhD from the University of Mississippi. The author of various articles that have appeared in the Journal of Accountancy, Management Accounting, Business and Professional Ethics Journal, The Practical Accountant, Taxes, and other publications, she also coauthored the book The Tax Practitioner with Dr. Denzil Causey. Dr. McNair is currently serving on committees of the American Taxation Association, the American Accounting Association, and the Institute of Management Accountants as well as numerous School of Accountancy and MSU committees. Professor Olds, PhD, is associate professor of accounting at Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU). He serves as the coordinator of the introduction to accounting courses at VCU. Professor Olds received his AS degree from Brunswick Junior College in Brunswick, Georgia (now College of Coastal Georgia). He received a BBA in accounting from Georgia Southern College (now Georgia Southern University); his MPA and PhD degrees are from Georgia State University. After graduating from Georgia Southern, he worked as an auditor with the U.S. Department of Labor in Atlanta, Georgia. A former CPA in Virginia, Professor Olds has published articles in various professional journals and presented papers at national and regional conferences. He also served as the faculty adviser to the VCU chapter of Beta Alpha Psi for five years. In 1989, he was recognized with an Outstanding Faculty Vice-President Award by the national Beta Alpha Psi organization. Professor Olds has received both the Distinguished Teaching Award and the Distinguished Service Award from the VCU School of Business. Most recently he received the university's award for maintaining High Ethical and Academic Standards While Advocating for Student-Athletes and Their Quest Towards a Degree.
- Author(s)Christopher Edmonds,Frances M. McNair,Philip R. Olds,Thomas P. Edmonds
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/02/2015
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleIrwin Accounting
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Inc.,US
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1744 g
- Width218 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Edition Statement9th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.