All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $26.27Trending at AU $27.33
- AU $11.52Trending at AU $12.70
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.48
- AU $23.07Trending at AU $30.41
- AU $30.23Trending at AU $30.89
- AU $10.86Trending at AU $13.78
- AU $30.03Trending at AU $38.12
About this product
- DescriptionImmanuel Kant's Fundamental Principles of the Metaphysics of Morals, first published in 1785, lays out Kant's essential philosophy and defines the concepts and arguments that would shape his later work. Central to Kant's doctrine is the categorical imperative, which he defines as a mandate that human actions should always conform to a universal, unchanging standard of rational morality. Directly opposed to utilitarian philosophy, Kant's theories have been broadly influential since their publication and stand as a seminal contribution to ethical thought. Although Kant expanded upon the ideas defined here in his later work, including the Critique of Pure Reason and the Metaphysics of Morals, it is in his Fundamental Principles of the Metaphysics of Morals that they are communicated in their most clear, concise form. This edition is the translation by Thomas Kingsmill Abbott.
- Author BiographyImmanuel Kant (1724-1804) was a Prussian philosopher whose best-known works include the Critique of Pure Reason and the Metaphysics of Morals. His doctrines have had a wide-ranging influence since their first publication and have affected such diverse fields as metaphysics, ethics, epistemology, and political philosophy. British narrator John Lee has read audiobooks in almost every conceivable genre, from Charles Dickens to Patrick O'Brian. He has won numerous Audie Awards and AudioFile Earphones Awards, and he was named a Golden Voice by AudioFile in 2009.
- Author(s)Immanuel Kant
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication25/04/2011
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Weight79 g
- Width163 mm
- Height137 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Narrator(s)John Lee
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time210
- Edition StatementUnabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.