All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFundamental Spoken Chinese introduces most of the basic grammatical patterns of modern spoken Mandarin in a carefully planned, graduated fashion. Every chapter follows the same organisational format and includes: key grammar points, new vocabulary items arranged by part of speech, sentence patterns, and four or five short dialogues illustrating contextual use of each new grammar pattern and vocabulary item. Non-technical explanations of grammar are written from the perspective of the English-speaking learner and are illustrated with multiple sentences in simple chart form. When appropriate, vocabulary and culture tes are provided, together with numerous drills, exercises, and in-class activities. Finally, English-Chinese translation exercises help determine how well students have mastered the chapter's grammar and vocabulary. The authors of Fundamental Spoken Chinese and its accompanying text, Fundamental Written Chinese , treat spoken and written language as two different but related systems that are most effectively learned by delinking the sequence in which the particulars of each system are taught. Such an approach insures that reading and writing skills are firmly grounded in the spoken vocabulary and grammar previously learned. Both volumes are designed to provide students with a systematic, kwledge-based approach to speaking, listening, reading, and writing Chinese.
- Author BiographyRobert Sanders is senior lecturer in Chinese at the University of Auckland, New Zealand. Nora Yao is senior tutor in the School of Asian Studies and director of the Confucius Institute at the University of Auckland, New Zealand.
- Author(s)Nora Yao,Robert Sanders
- PublisherUniversity of Hawai'i Press
- Date of Publication15/04/2009
- SubjectLanguage Learning: Self Study
- Place of PublicationHonolulu, HI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Hawai'i Press
- Content Note180 illustrations
- Weight991 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.92
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.