Fundamentals and Applications of Controlled Release Drug Delivery by Springer-Verlag New York Inc. (Hardback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $426.45+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $265.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.56
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.45
About this product
- DescriptionThis book approaches the subject from a mechanistic perspective that pitches the language at a level that is understandable to those entering the field and who are t familiar with its common phrases or complex terms. It provides a simple encapsulation of concepts and expands on them. In each chapter the basic concept is explained as simply and clearly as possible without a great deal of detail, then in subsequent sections additional material, exceptions to the general rule, examples, etc., is introduced and built up. Such material was generously supplemented with diagrams; conceptually elegant line diagrams in two or three colors. The artwork was well thought out and able to condense the scientific principles into a vel and visually exciting form. The diagrams encourage browsing or draw the reader to salient points. In addition, the technique of highlighting key concepts in a separate box is used throughout each chapter.
- Author BiographyProfessor Juergen Siepmann is Professor of Pharmaceutics at the College of Pharmacy, Universite Lille Nord de France, Lille, France. He studied pharmacy and received his doctoral degree from the Freie Universitaet Berlin, Berlin, Germany, in 1999. His research focuses on the elucidation of the underlying mass transport phenomena in controlled drug delivery systems. Prof. Siepmann is reviews editor of the International Journal of Pharmaceutics and president of APGI (French Association of Pharmaceutical Technology). Since 2010 he is heading the INSERM (French National Institute of Health and Medical Research) research group Controlled Drug Delivery Systems and Biomaterials . Ronald A. Siegel, Sc.D., is Professor of Pharmaceutics and Biomedical Engineering at the University of Minnesota. He received his doctoral degree from MIT under the direction of Prof. Robert Langer in 1984, and taught at the University of California, San Francisco until 1998, when he moved to Minnesota. Professor Siegel is Fellow of the Controlled Release Society (CRS), the American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists, and the American Institute of Medical and Biological Engineering. He was president of CRS from 1997-1998. His present research interests include hydrogels, block polymers, microfabricated sensors and drug delivery systems, and mathematical modeling of transport. Michael J. Rathbone is Associate Professor of Pharmaceutics at the School of Pharmacy, Griffith University, Australia. Dr. Rathbone's research interests are in the modified delivery of bioactives to the mouth, polymeric delivery systems and long acting veterinary drug delivery systems. He is a Fellow of the Controlled Release Society (CRS) and received the CRS Distinguished Service Award in 2006. He has edited or co-edited many books in the fields of modified release drug delivery, oral mucosal drug delivery and veterinary drug delivery.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication14/12/2011
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleAdvances in Delivery Science and Technology
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note36 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1068 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byJuergen Siepmann,Michael J. Rathbone,Ronald A. Siegel
- Edition Statement2012
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.