All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $168.19
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
About this product
- DescriptionFeatures the techniques, methods, and applications of calculus using real-world examples from business and ecomics as well as the life and social sciences An introduction to differential and integral calculus, Fundamentals of Calculus presents key topics suited for a variety of readers in fields ranging from entrepreneurship and ecomics to environmental and social sciences. Practical examples from a variety of subject areas are featured throughout each chapter and step-by-step explanations for the solutions are presented. Specific techniques are also applied to highlight important information in each section, including symbols interspersed throughout to further reader comprehension. In addition, the book illustrates the elements of finite calculus with the varied formulas for power, quotient, and product rules that correlate markedly with traditional calculus. Featuring calculus as the mathematics of change, each chapter concludes with a historical tes section. Fundamentals of Calculus chapter coverage includes: * Linear Equations and Functions * The Derivative * Using the Derivative * Exponents and Logarithms * Differentiation Techniques * Integral Calculus * Integrations Techniques * Functions of Several Variables * Series and Summations * Applications to Probability Supplemented with online instructional support materials, Fundamentals of Calculus is an ideal textbook for undergraduate students majoring in business, ecomics, biology, chemistry, and environmental science.
- Author BiographyCarla C. Morris, PhD, is Assistant Professor of Mathematics in the Associate in Arts Program at the University of Delaware. A member of The Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences and the Mathematical Association of America, Dr. Morris teaches courses ranging from college algebra to calculus and statistics. Robert M. Stark, PhD, is Professor Emeritus in the Departments of Mathematical Sciences and Civil and Environmental Engineering at the University of Delaware. Dr. Stark's teaching and research interests include applied probability, mathematical optimization, operations research, and mathematics education.
- Author(s)Carla C. Morris,Robert M. Stark
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication09/10/2015
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Weight818 g
- Width182 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.