All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.59Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $73.85Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
About this product
- DescriptionAppropriate for a one-semester undergraduate or first-year graduate course, this text introduces the quantitative treatment of chemical reaction engineering. It covers both homogeneous and heterogeneous reacting systems and examines chemical reaction engineering as well as chemical reactor engineering. The authors take a chemical approach, helping students develop an intuitive feeling for concepts, rather than an engineering approach, which tends to overlook the inner workings of systems and objects. Each chapter contains numerous worked-out problems and real-world vignettes involving commercial applications. Topics include the basics of reaction kinetics and rate constants of elementary reactions, reactors for measuring reaction rates and the steady-state approximation, and heterogeneous catalysis. Additional subjects include the effects of transport limitations on rates of solid-catalyzed reactions, microkinetic analysis of catalytic reactions, nideal flow in reactors, nisothermal reactors, and reactors accomplishing heterogeneous reactions. Excellent illustrations complement the text, which concludes with three helpful appendixes. Reprint of the McGraw-Hill, Boston, 2003 edition.
- Author BiographyMark E. Davis is a chemical engineering professor at California Institute of Technology. Robert J. Davis is a chemical engineering professor at the University of Virginia.
- Author(s)Mark E. Davis
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication26/10/2012
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleDover Civil and Mechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight635 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.