All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionThis undergraduate textbook merges traditional solid state physics with contemporary condensed matter physics, providing an up-to-date introduction to the major concepts that form the foundations of condensed materials. The main foundational principles are emphasized, providing students with the kwledge beginners in the field should understand. The book is structured in four parts and allows students to appreciate how the concepts in this broad area build upon each other to produce a cohesive whole as they work through the chapters. Illustrations work closely with the text to convey concepts and ideas visually, enhancing student understanding of difficult material, and end-of-chapter exercises varying in difficulty allow students to put into practice the theory they have covered in each chapter and reinforce new concepts.
- Author BiographyDavid L. Sidebottom is Associate Professor in the Physics Department at Creighton University. He is an experienced teacher and has taught a wide variety of courses at both undergraduate and graduate level in subject areas including introductory physics, thermodynamics, electrodynamics, laser physics and solid state physics. He has taught a course on solid state physics since 2003, adapting and revising its content to reflect the broader themes of condensed matter physics beyond those of the conventional solid state. This textbook stems from that course.
- Author(s)David L. Sidebottom
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication05/07/2012
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note229 b/w illus. 10 tables 95 exercises
- Weight1070 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.