All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionIntroduction to digital imaging covering core techniques of image capture and the display of mochrome and color images. Basic tools required to describe sampling and image display on real devices are presented within a powerful mathematical framework. Starting with an overview of digital imaging, mathematical representation, and the elementary display of images, the topics progressively move to quantization, spatial sampling, photometry and colorimetry, and color sampling, and conclude with the estimation of image model parameters, and image restoration. The characterization of input and output devices is also covered. The reader will learn the processes used to generate accurate images, and appreciate the mathematical basis required to test and evaluate new devices. Contains illustrations, real-world examples, and end-of-chapter homework problems. Suitable for advanced undergraduate and graduate courses in digital imaging in electrical engineering and computer science departments. Also invaluable for practitioners in the industry. Instructor resources are available online at www.cambridge.org/9780521868532.
- Author BiographyH. J. Trussell is a professor and director of graduate programs in the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department at North Carolina State University. Having been awarded his PhD from the University of New Mexico, in 1976, he has many years' experience in academia and industry in the field, including Los Alamos National Laboratory, Heriot-Watt University in Edinburgh, Eastman Kodak Company in Rochester New York, and Color Savvy Systems in Ohio. His areas of specific research in image and signal processing include estimation theory, color image capture and reproduction, and image restoration. A Fellow of the IEEE, he is the recipient of two Best Paper awards with his students for papers published in the IEEE Transactions. M.J.Vrhel is a founder of Pagemark Technology Inc. in Redmond Washington, where he is currently the Imaging Scientist. He was awarded his PhD from North Carolina State University in 1993; during his PhD, he was an Eastman Kodak Fellow. He has many years' experience working in digital imaging, including biomedical imaging and signal processing at NIH; color instrument and color software design at Color Savvy Systems Ltd, and positions at ViewAhead Technology, Conexant Systems and TAK Imaging. A senior member of the IEEE, he has a number of current and pending patents and is the author of numerous papers in the areas of image and signal processing. At the time of publication, he serves on the Board of Directors of the InterSociety Color Council.
- Author(s)H. J. Trussell,M. J. Vrhel
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication30/10/2008
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note240 b/w illus. 35 colour illus.
- Weight1540 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.