Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $26.07Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $21.95Trending at AU $26.77
- AU $29.30Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.85Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.67
- AU $23.78Trending at AU $26.94
About this product
- DescriptionIn this era where data and voice services are available at a push of a button, service providers have virtually limitless options for reaching their customers with value-added services. The changes in services and underlying networks that this always-on culture creates make it essential for service providers to understand the evolving business logic and appropriate support systems for service delivery, billing, and revenue assurance. Supplying an end-to-end understanding of telecom management layers, Fundamentals of EMS, NMS and OSS/BSS is a complete guide to telecom resource and service management basics. Divided into four sections: Element Management System, Network Management System, Operation/Business Support Systems, and Implementation Guidelines, the book examines standards, best practices, and the industries developing these systems. Each section starts with basics, details how the system fits into the telecom management framework, and concludes by introducing more complex concepts. From the initial efforts in managing elements to the latest management standards, the text: * Covers the basics of network management, including legacy systems, management protocols, and popular products * Deals with OSS/BSS-covering processes, applications, and interfaces in the service/business management layers * Includes implementation guidelines for developing customized management solutions The book includes chapters devoted to popular market products and contains case studies that illustrate real-life implementations as well as the interaction between management layers. Complete with detailed references and lists of web resources to keep you current, this valuable resource supplies you with the fundamental understanding and the tools required to begin developing telecom management solutions tailored to your customer's needs.
- Author BiographyJithesh Sathyan is a Technical Architect at Infosys Technologies Limited. He is the sole inventor of the first granted patent of Infosys at the United States Patent and Trademark Office. He has multiple international papers in the telecom domain to his credit, specifically on EMS, NMS and OSS/BSS. He is a gold medalist in Electronics and Communication Engineering. Sathyan has been working on multiple projects involving design and development of telecom management solutions for a variety of telecom clients in OEM and service provider space. He has multiple filed patents in the telecom domain. Jithesh has published several white papers in standardizing forums like TeleManagement Forum that specializes in defining standards on telecom management. He is an active member of many telecom management standardizing forums. He also contributed a chapter titled, Role of OSS/BSS in success of IMS in IMS Handbook: Concepts, Technologies, and Services published by CRC Press.
- Author(s)Jithesh Sathyan
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication23/06/2010
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAuerbach Publishers Inc.
- Content Note153 black & white illustrations, 24 black & white tables
- Weight952 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.