All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.27
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionWilliam Hosford's book is ideal for those involved in designing sheet metal forming processes. Kwledge of plasticity is essential for the computer simulation of metal forming processes and understanding the advances in plasticity theory is key to formulating sound analyses. The author makes the subject simple by avoiding tations used by specialists in mechanics. R. Hill's authoritative book, Mathematical Theory of Plasticity (1950), presented a comprehensive treatment of continuum plasticity theory up to that time; much of the treatment in this book covers the same ground, but focuses on more practical topics. Hosford has included recent developments in continuum theory, including a newer treatment of anisotropy that has resulted from calculations of yielding based on crystallography, analysis of the role of defects, and forming limit diagrams. A much greater emphasis is placed on deformation mechanisms and the book also includes chapters on slip and dislocation theory and twinning.
- Author BiographyWilliam Hosford is a Professor Emeritus of Materials Science at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. He is the author of numerous research publications and the following textbooks: Mechanical Behavior of Materials, 2nd Edition; Metal Forming, 4th Edition (with Robert M. Caddell); Materials Science: An Intermediate Text, Reporting Results (with David C. Van Aken); Materials for Engineers; Solid Mechanics; Materials for Engineers; Mechanics of Crystals and Textured Polycrystals; Physical Metallurgy, 2nd Edition; and Iron and Steel. He is the author of Wilderness Canoe Tripping (2009).
- Author(s)William F. Hosford
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication22/07/2013
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note230 b/w illus.
- Weight540 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.