Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.47
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionThis new edition, expanded with the addition of four new chapters, continues to help students develop an essential understanding of how financial management plays a positive role in strategic management of organisations. The book is designed for a foundation course in financial management for postgraduate students of business management (MBA), commerce, engineering and techlogy. It focuses on the basic concepts underlying the theory of financial management and also real-world practice in areas of investment, financing and asset management. <br><br>Each financial function is discussed in a lucid and concise manner to help students improve their basic skills in financial management. The aim of the book is to enable the readers to gain insight into the financial decision-making processes. The book introduces the readers to the three major decision-making areas in financial management: break-even analysis, decisions involving alternative choices, and variance analysis. <br><br><strong>Key Features : </strong><ul><li>A systematic presentation of the subject matter, supported with a number of illustrations and diagrams <li><li>The topics of 'ratio analysis' and 'cash flow analysis' have been thoroughly revised and enlarged in accordance with the Accounting Standards (AS) issued by the ICAI </li><li>Theoretical discussions are supplemented with suitable case studies </li><li>Examination problems are given at the end of each chapter </li><li>The chapter 'New Horizons in Budgeting' explains the latest trends in budgeting. </li></ul>
- Author Biography<strong>D. Chandra Bose</strong>, PhD, is Principal, Sree Narayana College (University of Kerala), Chengannur, Kerala. He has more than three decades of academic experience. He has authored several books in the field of management and administration, including four books for PHI Learning. His research areas include marketing, public administration, and finance and accounting.
- Author(s)Chandra D. Bose
- PublisherPHI Learning
- Date of Publication01/04/2011
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintPHI Learning
- Weight1010 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edition Statement2nd edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.