Fundamentals of Geographical Information Systems by Michael N. DeMers (Hardback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $267.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $53.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.65
About this product
- DescriptionLocate your place in the exciting field of GIS In existence since 1962, Geographical Information Systems (GIS) are really coming into their own today. And t just in your car's GPS system or your cell phone's tracking capabilities. GIS is finding applications throughout science, government, business, and industry, from regional and community planning, architecture, and transportation to public health, crime mapping, and national defense. Michael DeMers's Fundamentals of Geographic Information, Fourth Edition brings an already essential text up to date, capturing the significant developments in the field and responding to the needs of a diverse set of readers, from geographers to students in a host of other fields. If you are a n-geographer or new to GIS, get a quick introduction to the lay of the land of GIS through the new Spatial Learner's Permit section. Then join in the excitement of discovery with GIS databases as you absorb the such concepts and skills as digital geographic data and maps, GIS data models, spatial analysis, measurement and classification, cartographic modeling, and GIS design. Responding to both the needs and technical skills of today's students, this Fourth Edition: * Makes concepts accessible to students from a wide range of backgrounds * Offers more practical and relevant coverage of GIS design and implementation * Reflects the latest changes in GIS applications * Examines in greater depth the underlying computer science behind GIS * Uncovers the most recent developments on GIS research * Expands coverage of the increasingly robust literature on cartographic visualization * Includes Web-based labs and links to current and updated dataset resources Taking an open-ended, hands-on approach that gets you to ask your own questions about the underlying concepts, the Fourth Edition helps you t only master the basics but acquire the active problem-solving skills that are a key component of success in the GIS industry.
- Author BiographyMichael N. DeMers is an Associate Professor of Geography at New Mexico State University. He holds a BS and MS from University of North Dakota, and a Ph.D from University of Kansas.
- Author(s)Michael N. DeMers
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication20/05/2008
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight996 g
- Width175 mm
- Height259 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.