All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.74Trending at AU $16.23
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $14.06Trending at AU $20.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
About this product
- DescriptionFUNDAMENTALS OF GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEERING is a concise combination of the essential components of Braja Das' market leading texts, Principles of Geotechnical Engineering and Principles of Foundation Engineering. The text includes the fundamental concepts of soil mechanics as well as foundation engineering without becoming cluttered with excessive details and alternatives. FUNDAMENTALS features a wealth of worked out examples, as well as figures to help students with theory and problem solving skills. Das maintains the careful balance of current research and practical field applications that has made his books leaders in this area.
- Author BiographyDr. Braja Das is Dean Emeritus of the College of Engineering and Computer Science at California State University, Sacramento. He received his M.S. in Civil Engineering from the University of Iowa and his Ph.D. in Geotechnical Engineering from the University of Wisconsin. He is the author of a number of geotechnical engineering texts and reference books and more than 250 technical papers in the area of geotechnical engineering. His primary areas of research include shallow foundations, earth anchors, and geosynthetics. Dr. Das is a Fellow and Life Member of the American Society of Civil Engineers, Life Member of the American Society for Engineering Education, and an Emeritus Member of the Chemical and Mechanical Stabilization Committee of the Transportation Research Board of the National Research Council (Washington D.C.). He has received numerous awards for teaching excellence, including the AMOCO Foundation Award, the AT&T Award for Teaching Excellence from the American Society for Engineering Education, the Ralph Teetor Award from the Society of Automotive Engineers, and the Distinguished Achievement Award for Teaching Excellence from the University of Texas at El Paso.
- Author(s)Braja M. Das
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication01/12/2011
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationFlorence, KY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNelson Engineering
- Weight970 g
- Width187 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement4th edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.