All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBy 2008, some 2 billion people will be using mobile phones and devices, in many cases to access advanced data services. Against this backdrop, the need for efficient and effective network design will be critical to the success of increasingly complex mobile networks. Simon Beresford-Wylie (SVP, Nokia Networks) With the complexity of the cellular networks increasing day by day, a deeper understanding of the design and performance of end-to-end cellular networks is required. Moreover, all the types of networks from 2G-2.5G-3G seem to co-exist. Fundamentals of Cellular Network Planning and Optimisation covers end-to-end network planning and optimisation aspects from second generation GSM to third generation WCDMA networks including GPRS and EDGE networks. All the sub-systems of the network i.e. radio network, transmission network and core network have been covered with focus on both practical and theoretical issues. By bringing all these concepts under one cover, this book becomes essential reading for the network design engineers working either with cellular service vendors or operators, experts/scientists working on end-to-end issues and undergraduate/post-graduate students. Key Highlights:* Distinctly divided into four parts: 2G (GSM), 2.5G (GPRS & EDGE), 3G (WCDMA) and introduction to 4G (OFDM, ALL-IP, WLAN Overview) respectively* Each part focuses on the radio, transmission and core networks.* Concentrates on cellular network planning process and explains the underlying principles behind the planning and optimizing of the cellular networks. The text will serve as a handbook for anyone engaged in the study, design, deployment and business of cellular networks.
- Author BiographyAjay R. Mishra received his M.Tech in Microwave Electronics from University of Delhi in 1997. Since then, he has been working with Nokia Networks. He has been involved not only in the research and development of network designing & optimisation for all the three generation of networks but also in the deployment of these networks globally. He has several publications to his credit. His current interests are issues related to the design and performance of third, fourth generation and mixed cellular networks.
- Author(s)A. R. Mishra
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication02/04/2004
- SubjectComputer Communications & Networking
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps,
- Weight726 g
- Width186 mm
- Height263 mm
- Spine26 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.25Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $74.01Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.