Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $168.19
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is, to some extent, a reference work uniting theory and description. It comprises four structured parts: <i>Phonetics</i>, <i>Phology</i>, <i> Tology</i>, and <i>Specific African Sound Patterns</i>. By means of concrete examples, the book describes and compares a wide range of basic and current issues and facts that are of utmost relevance for all persons working on language or linguistics as well as in related fields. The book provides core instruments needed and used in the study of phology and phological analyses. It discusses modern phological theories. Phological issues and processes, such as vowel harmony, assimilation, dissimilation, lenition, as well as fortition are explained. Prosodic topics, such as tone, stress, pitch, and intonation are considered. Issues in tology include tological analysis, tonal behaviour and rules. Special attention is given to specific sounds found in African languages.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Rose-Juliet Anyanwu, Dr. phil., Dr. phil. habil., is Privatdozentin in the Department of African Linguistics at the University of Frankfurt am Main (Germany), where she lectures, and also carries out research. Besides, she teaches Phonetics and Phonology in the Department of Ethnology and African Studies at the University of Mainz.
- Author(s)Rose-Juliet Anyanwu
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication01/03/2008
- Series TitleSchriften Zur Afrikanistik - Research in African Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number15
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Content Notefig. and tables
- Weight430 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.