All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $21.73Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $35.05
About this product
- DescriptionLean burning of premixed gases is considered to be a promising combustion techlogy for future clean and highly efficient gas turbine combustors. Yet researchers face several challenges in dealing with premixed turbulent combustion, from its nlinear multiscale nature and the impact of local phemena to the multitude of competing models. Filling a gap in the literature, Fundamentals of Premixed Turbulent Combustion introduces the state of the art of premixed turbulent combustion in an accessible manner for newcomers and experienced researchers alike. To more deeply consider current research issues, the book focuses on the physical mechanisms and phemelogy of premixed flames, with a brief discussion of recent advances in partially premixed turbulent combustion. It begins with a summary of the relevant kwledge needed from disciplines such as thermodynamics, chemical kinetics, molecular transport processes, and fluid dynamics. The book then presents experimental data on the general appearance of premixed turbulent flames and details the physical mechanisms that could affect the flame behavior. It also examines the physical and numerical models for predicting the key features of premixed turbulent combustion. Emphasizing critical analysis, the book compares competing concepts and viewpoints with one ather and with the available experimental data, outlining the advantages and disadvantages of each approach. In addition, it discusses recent advances and highlights unresolved issues. Written by a leading expert in the field, this book provides a valuable overview of the physics of premixed turbulent combustion. Combining simplicity and topicality, it helps researchers orient themselves in the contemporary literature and guides them in selecting the best research tools for their work.
- Author BiographyAndrei N. Lipatnikov, Ph.D., is an associate professor at the Department of Applied Mechanics at Chalmers University of Technology, Gothenburg, Sweden. He graduated from Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology (MIPT) in 1984 and obtained his Ph.D. from the same institute in 1987. Dr. Lipatnikov's academic activities have been concerned with research on turbulent and laminar combustion processes, pollutant formation in flames, autoignition of premixed mixtures, and numerical modeling of combustion in spark ignition engines. He has published more than 190 scientific contributions, including 59 journal papers. Dr. Lipatnikov is a member of the Combustion Institute.
- Author(s)Andrei Lipatnikov
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication22/10/2012
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note229 black & white illustrations, 2 black & white tables
- Weight907 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.