Fundamentals of Queueing Theory: Solutions Manual by Carl M. Harris, John F. Shortle, Donald Gross, James M. Thompson (Paperback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $68.60+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $21.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.23
About this product
- DescriptionPraise for the Third Edition This is one of the best books available. Its excellent organizational structure allows quick reference to specific models and its clear presentation ...solidifies the understanding of the concepts being presented. - IIE Transactions on Operations Engineering Thoroughly revised and expanded to reflect the latest developments in the field, Fundamentals of Queueing Theory , Fourth Edition continues to present the basic statistical principles that are necessary to analyze the probabilistic nature of queues. Rather than presenting a narrow focus on the subject, this update illustrates the wide-reaching, fundamental concepts in queueing theory and its applications to diverse areas such as computer science, engineering, business, and operations research. This update takes a numerical approach to understanding and making probable estimations relating to queues, with a comprehensive outline of simple and more advanced queueing models. Newly featured topics of the Fourth Edition include: Retrial queues Approximations for queueing networks Numerical inversion of transforms Determining the appropriate number of servers to balance quality and cost of service Each chapter provides a self-contained presentation of key concepts and formulae, allowing readers to work with each section independently, while a summary table at the end of the book outlines the types of queues that have been discussed and their results. In addition, two new appendices have been added, discussing transforms and generating functions as well as the fundamentals of differential and difference equations. New examples are w included along with problems that incorporate QtsPlus software, which is freely available via the book's related Web site. With its accessible style and wealth of real-world examples, Fundamentals of Queueing Theory , Fourth Edition is an ideal book for courses on queueing theory at the upper-undergraduate and graduate levels. It is also a valuable resource for researchers and practitioners who analyze congestion in the fields of telecommunications, transportation, aviation, and management science.
- Author(s)Carl M. Harris,Donald Gross,James M. Thompson,John F. Shortle
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication04/09/2008
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Note, black & white illustrations
- Weight140 g
- Width157 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.